Monday, October 27, 2008

Week 8 - Expelled

I also enjoyed the movie. I didn't know much about it, or what the purpose of it was. The only thing I dislike about those propoganda films is how they always show the lamest, belittling clips of things they are trying to bash. Like the film zietgeist, everytime jesus was protrayed it was the lamest, oldest stupidest low budget film clip around. I understand its hard to show something you are passionate about without having your biased views to be evident, but I wish it was more neutral just provding information. Here's what a few people thought about the movie:

http://community.centredaily.com/?q=node/4666


One of my favorite parts was the very end of the movie, where Dawkins was stumbling over his words. I respect and admire the guys knowledge about so many theistic issues, but I'm not a huge fan of his attitude and the way he protrays himself as an intelectual. Hitchens is much worse, and is way to arrogant for me to seriously listen to what he has to say just based on his delivery. This is a funny website of a guy who is agnostic, but doesn't like Dawkins based on his pesonality and presentation of his views:
http://dawkinsdouche.wordpress.com/

No comments: